Wednesday, April 8, 2009

An Interview with Marco Magallanes!


Marco Magallanes' unique style of art is an essential part to the story of Myth. We decided to ask our friend a few questions about his creative process, his influences, and what it's like being a storyboard artist in Southern California.

Who inspires you as an artist?


Everyone from Toth to Jim Lee. For Myth, I looked at a lot of Toth and Tim Sale.

Take us through your creative process. How do you go about creating a page?

I just try to tell the story the best I can and do my best to make each shot interesting. Nothing too fancy. I came up with the drawing style for Myth by hanging out with my kids and trying to capture the same energy and immediacy that they have when they draw.

How does being a storyboard artist for the film industry help in creating comics?

I actually got my start as an intern in Top Cow's film department. Storyboarding makes me a lot faster! It really helps with setting up the shots and getting the story out. And, living in Southern California is a great place to find freelance work. Every other person has a movie idea!


So, there you have it, folks. An inside look into the mind of a master. If you'd like to see more of Marco's work outside of Myth, check out his blog: http://marco-magallanes.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment